1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinarily adventurous? We are traditionalists. We like the traditional foods, especially beacuse turkey and all the fixin's is good and good for you. And Mum can manage it if Moe does all the heavy lifting.
2. Tell me something concrete that you're thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like "hope.") My house. My yard. I hope I never have to leave them.
3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you're thankful for. Lessons. Read here.
4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory. My grandfather saw my brother pile a bunch of food on his plate. Papa felt the need to remind Brother he had to eat everything he took. Brother said he would be sure to do so. Very quickly Brother had cleared his plate, with the exception of a small piece of butter. Papa stopped him and insisted Brother eat the butter. Brother asked for a bit of bread. Papa refused. Brother had to eat the butter, by itself. Not very exciting, but there it is.
5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year? I will be served a fabulous dinner, by Mum and Moe, and I will love every bite.
6. Do your pets get any left-overs? Noooooooo! Left-overs cause serious intestinal upset! Usually at 3am!
7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying? No praying. There is only digging in.
8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing? Noooooooo! Football causes serious intestinal upset! Usually as soon as it appears on the screen!
9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing? I'll take dressing/stuffing anyway I can get it.
10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving? Absolutely.
11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying? Oh, I think Mum said Chocolate Pudding Pie. I hope she has olives.
12. Do you feel for the turkey?? Feel sad the turkey is dead and cooked up and sliced onto my plate? Not in the least.
Martha and I were hanging around the shop one afternoon in September. We were having a good time discussing a horror movie we both looked at. The discussion went from movies, to the ghost hunter shows on tv, to supernatural occurrences we'd heard about. In short, we freaked ourselves out. We got up from our bench quickly. I began to water plants and Martha decided to clean up around the shop a little. That's when I noticed this stunning hibiscus. We both agreed it should be forever immortalized on film.
I forgot to random dozen! Cruise by Lidna's to check it out! this is from last week and there will be another in a day or so, but for now...
1. If you could master one sport, what would it be? golf. i would like to be a superb golfer. i just love the golfing fashions, you know the short pants buckled at the knee, argyle sweaters, funny little tams...
2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision? i don't often make major purchases. but the last one i made was definitely a spur of the moment deal.
3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name? rendall tilden
4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food? favorite food. i need to listen to music to alter my mood since i can't be a pothead anymore.
5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference? i would lean toward the spotty type.
6. Your favorite tree is? alive.
7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you? i would say a low seven.
8. Has H1N1 touched your family? not that i am aware of.
9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing? i cant answer without knowing the true intent of the question. do you think i'm dumb or something?
10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala? i am more like an aggressive dog. bite lads, bite!
11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago? not so much any more, only one or two.
12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why? i choose any line that seems to be moving.
3. It is true. I was there when someone was born. Three times, actually. Childbirth is not fun, but in my case it was very quick each time.
4. It is true. I had four different rental cars in a 24 hour period. Tam and I went to Florida once. We flew into Tampa and got a Chevy Cobalt at the rental place. It had XM radio and we really liked it. Long story short - the A/c quit on that first Cobalt and so we traded cars at Sarasota, again at Tampa and then at Orlando. Chevy Cobalts were having difficulty with the A/C units at that time, but the XM worked fine. We just kept trading till we got a car with A/C that worked.
5. It is true. I drank Southern Comfort till I threw up. What was really gross was that I was 14, puked out a second story window, all down the side of the house. Epic embarrassment. Swore I would never do that again, and I never have. Puked down the side of a house, that is.
6. It is true. I visited Hale Telescope. It is located atop Mt Palomar in Southern California. Going up was great. Coming down was a nightmare. There were 5 of us in a Datsun 210. I hated every moment of that ride.
7. It is true. I had an operation when I was in second grade.
8. It is true. I have tested the patience of my mother - in - law. Many, many times, I am sure. But what I find really remarkable is that she loves me anyway.
9. It is not true. I never allowed my children to smoke or drink before they were of age. I have a huuuuuge problem with that.
10. It is true. I was chased around the house by a lunatic with a meat cleaver. But that slice of shite is dead now, killed by a car while walking along a dark road. I am not sorry.
It's no secret that my family has pets, probably too many. Just now we are keeping two birds, seven rabbits, a cat and a dog. While I love all our pets, I do not love all the work or the costs associated with them. Our pets are generally happy because we all spoil them. We all let the cat and dog on the furniture and fleas are not an option. So I was psyched when I found a place to get the cheap pet meds I need.
So, I battle fleas year round. I do this because I am lazy. It's easier for me to do a little work once a month, instead of a lot of work once or twice a year. So today, I was checking out the vet medicines website . While I didn't hear any music on the site, I did find everything I use to battle fleas, at a decent discount. I like that.
I use three different products to kill fleas, topical treatments such as Frontline Plus or Advantage flea , carpet sprays and yard sprays. Used properly, they all work very well. But fleas being what they are, you need to keep up on flea control year round. And I like choices. Sometimes I like to change things up a bit to give the fleas a run for their my money. I usually use something from the pet store nearby, but at vet medicines I found some carpet treatments I'm really interested in, for less than what I pay at the pet store. The topicals are great at killing fleas in all stages of their life cycle, so I was pleased to find the vet meds site offers a Frontline Plus discount . Using Frontline ensures fleas don't keep reappearing on the pet and then relocating to me! By using a topical treatment, spraying the carpets and the areas where the dog and cat sleep, and treating the yard, I've been quite successful in keeping fleas off the pets and me!
I have done or experienced all of the following except one. Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to let me know here in the comments which experiences we have in common and tell me which one you think I have never experienced. There is no prize for guessing correctly which item is not true because I am cheap. Then, make up your own list on your own blog. Look for the bogus entry on tomorrow’s post.
1. I have traveled from sea to shining sea. 2. I was there when someone died. 3. I was there when someone was born. 4. I had 4 different rental cars in a 24 hour period. 5. I drank Southern Comfort until I threw up. 6. I visited Hale Telescope. 7. I had an operation when I was in second grade. 8. I have tested the patience of my mother - in - law. 9. I allowed my kids to smoke and drink before they were of age. 10. I was chased around the house by a lunatic with a meat cleaver.
Today is the day. This afternoon, Rim will flip all the switches and start all the generators. He will run around like a crazy person, testing all the rides and making final checks before the ride operators take over. By 3:30pm, all the lights will be lighted. 4pm will show our first guest through the gate. Edaville's Christmas Festival of lights begins this afternoon...
26. What color is your watch? no watch, only a phone which is black
27. What do you think of when you hear “Australia”? big expanse
28. Would you strip for money? there is no one who would pay to see that
29. Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? really depends on how many cars are in line.more than 3 or 4, i go in
30. What is your favorite number? silly question
31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone? dot, MIL
32. Any plans today? had plans, did what i planned, inventory, placed 2 of my 6 orders for the week
33. In how many states have you lived? 3, new hampshire, massachusetts and florida
34. Biggest annoyance right now? my sloooooww computer
35. Last song listened to? bobo on the corner - the in sound from way out! - beastie boys
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards? i cannot
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house? unfortunately i do not, so it is always a disaster
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? i only possess 2 pairs of shoes. one smelling of mop bucket. one not
39. Are you jealous of anyone? anyone who can pay their bills when they come in the door
40. Is anyone jealous of you? i think not
41. Do you love anyone? yes i do
42. Do any of your friends have children? yes they do, most of them
43. What do you usually do during the day? work, work, work
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now? hate is a very strong word
45. Do you use the word hello daily? i cannot tell you, i suppose i do
46. What color is your car? silver
47. What size wedding ring do you wear? never had a wedding ring. never ever wear jewelry of any kind
48. Are you thinking about someone right now? ya, the joker who thought up these questions
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags? why no, i haven't. i like disney world
50. How did you get your worst scar? they are all bad. one i hit a window with my hand. one i tripped on a power washer and mashed my knee into concrete. another scar same knee, dog knocked me down and i got three stitches. one was an operation behind my ear. one was a large shard of glass jamming into my instep. i think thats all.
With a flip of a switch, and 5 weeks of hard work and determination, by just a few dedicated and creative people, Edaville will come alive with millions of lights, decorative displays and music! With the Christmas Festival of Lights our guests will enjoy everything the team has been creating since the first weeks in October. Kudo's to Rim Grazulis, Donny Degowin, Josh Shaw, Rick, Darlene, Jack, Bob, Scott, Mike and everyone else who kicked a** getting it all together. No one ever thanks them enough for everything they do...
I'm pretty sure I stole this snapshot from Rim Grazulis