Lidna over at 2nd Cup of Coffee hosts Random Dozen. Slide on over and check her out!
1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinarily adventurous?
We are traditionalists. We like the traditional foods, especially beacuse turkey and all the fixin's is good and good for you. And Mum can manage it if Moe does all the heavy lifting.
2. Tell me something concrete that you're thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like "hope.")
My house. My yard. I hope I never have to leave them.
3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you're thankful for.
Lessons. Read here.
4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory.
My grandfather saw my brother pile a bunch of food on his plate. Papa felt the need to remind Brother he had to eat everything he took. Brother said he would be sure to do so. Very quickly Brother had cleared his plate, with the exception of a small piece of butter. Papa stopped him and insisted Brother eat the butter. Brother asked for a bit of bread. Papa refused. Brother had to eat the butter, by itself. Not very exciting, but there it is.
5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year?
I will be served a fabulous dinner, by Mum and Moe, and I will love every bite.
6. Do your pets get any left-overs?
Noooooooo! Left-overs cause serious intestinal upset! Usually at 3am!
7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying?
No praying. There is only digging in.
8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing?
Noooooooo! Football causes serious intestinal upset! Usually as soon as it appears on the screen!
9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing?
I'll take dressing/stuffing anyway I can get it.
10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving?
11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying?
Oh, I think Mum said Chocolate Pudding Pie. I hope she has olives.
12. Do you feel for the turkey??
Feel sad the turkey is dead and cooked up and sliced onto my plate? Not in the least.