1. It is true. I have traveled from sea to shining sea.
2. It is true. I was there when someone died.
3. It is true. I was there when someone was born. Three times, actually. Childbirth is not fun, but in my case it was very quick each time.
4. It is true. I had four different rental cars in a 24 hour period. Tam and I went to Florida once. We flew into Tampa and got a Chevy Cobalt at the rental place. It had XM radio and we really liked it. Long story short - the A/c quit on that first Cobalt and so we traded cars at Sarasota, again at Tampa and then at Orlando. Chevy Cobalts were having difficulty with the A/C units at that time, but the XM worked fine. We just kept trading till we got a car with A/C that worked.
5. It is true. I drank Southern Comfort till I threw up. What was really gross was that I was 14, puked out a second story window, all down the side of the house. Epic embarrassment. Swore I would never do that again, and I never have. Puked down the side of a house, that is.
6. It is true. I visited Hale Telescope. It is located atop Mt Palomar in Southern California. Going up was great. Coming down was a nightmare. There were 5 of us in a Datsun 210. I hated every moment of that ride.
7. It is true. I had an operation when I was in second grade.
8. It is true. I have tested the patience of my mother - in - law. Many, many times, I am sure. But what I find really remarkable is that she loves me anyway.
9. It is not true. I never allowed my children to smoke or drink before they were of age. I have a huuuuuge problem with that.
10. It is true. I was chased around the house by a lunatic with a meat cleaver. But that slice of shite is dead now, killed by a car while walking along a dark road. I am not sorry.