I stole this meme from Quilly, who stole it from *Barbara. Melli did, too. Only Melli says she got the meme from Barbara who got it from Susanne who got it from Linda. Where ever it came from, here it is:*
*lifted from Quilly's blog
The Random Dozen Meme
1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
A dirty and shameful feeling.
2. What is something that people are currently “into” that you just don’t get or appreciate?
World of Warcraft, any Chevy Camaro, praise music, drinking alchohol and patchouli oil...
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel “ho-hum” about?
Television, WDW, old school Who. I love Pete Townsend's voice.
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?
In the car, I pay attention to the songs. I listen for all the little funky parts I love, and parts I may have missed before. I don't sing in the shower.
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
Aaaah, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, croutons, shredded parm, and properly grilled chicken.
6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences):
I'm a new blogger and I stink at it! Quilly's advice is good and I'm following it.
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?
There was no alternate as far as I know.
8. What in your life are you waiting for?
A great, great windfall.
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
Shirts from L.L.Bean.
10. Today–what song represents you?
"I Have had Enough of Edaville Just Now" by Me and Everyone Who Works for Me.
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?
I have almost nothing to say.
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you’re wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you’re feeling today?
I chose these clothes because they are my work clothes and I am going to work. In general, they say about me that I cannot work without getting something on me.
Nancy -- I love this meme. You did a great job with it and as usal, you made me smile. #11 cracked me up laughing since when we're together we never shut up!ReplyDelete
Congrats on winning Punny Monday! I'll have your link up in a sec!
Do you WORK at Edaville? I've never had patchouli oil... I'll have to try it and see if I "get" it!ReplyDelete
quilly - i won! i won!ReplyDelete
melli - patchouli oil is gross, hippie, nasty yuck!
yes i work at edaville. very tired now, but i won!
I can't understand why you so dislike Wal Mart. The people there are about the nicest clerks in any store. It is clean. It pays better wages and has better fringes than the mom and pop stores it replaced. I just don't understand.ReplyDelete
I enjoyed the rest of the meme.
I don't mind Wal-Mart either. Not my favorite place because of the size and noise and lack of cashiers, but they do have good deals.ReplyDelete
I'd never heard of patchouli oil before. Doesn't sound appetizing. :-D
dr john - i miss my mom and pop. there's very little left in my town. i like to buy local and use the services available to me in my town. i guess i was just brought up that way. i went to the dump and the hardware store with my dad every saturday as a kid. the clerks and the store owner knew me and dad personally. they lived in our town. their kids went to the school i went to. i miss that neighborly closeness.ReplyDelete
don't get me wrong, my girls do most of the shopping and buying and getting for our household and they do shop wal-fart. they shop for prices.
i know a number of people who work for wal-fart. they do not love their employer. mandatory holidays and weekends, not being allowed to take certain days off or schedule vacations during certain times really dont fly with them. also having their hours cut randomly is also a challenge for them.
but there are pros and cons to every business/ employer. everything cant be perfect all the time.