1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
I don't think that I have ever tried to return something after Christmas or had to go to such a meeting. But if I had to choose the worst of the two, it would be the meeting. You could always walk away from the return line.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?
I cry. And yell swears. And cry more. And feel attacked. I insist on being left alone. Once alone, I come to my senses, settle myself and apologise to the person I was mean to.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
I do know some stuff. Scots folk came from Scotland to Canada and made their way over time to Manitoba, where a great uncle was somewhat of a Canadian Hero. They then made their way through Niagra Falls to Boston/Newton Mass and MIT.
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
Honestly, you would have to ask the people who have actually done it. My best guess: leave me alone, you'll be my best friend.
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.
Pie: apple, blueberry, pumpkin, squash and lemon meringue!
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
Handbag! Ha!I have a bag I carry folders and work papers around in. I put my camera in there. But I don't carry a purse, or a pocketbook. My stuff goes in my pockets and it consists of: money, phone, smokes and lighter( if i have any), and keys to whichever job i'm off to at the moment. That's it. Outfit? Mine is pretty basic: cargo pants/shorts and a t shirt. When it is cold, I will add layers of sweatshirts. I do not have "outfits".
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
Generally at work I am task oriented. I could give a sh** if anybody likes me.
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
YUUUUUCK to all of them! I just can't say EWWWWW enough!
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
Never, ever have I or would I leave a movie. Unless the building was on fire. Even if the movie was toe-tally offessive to me, I would stay and see the whole thing. Mostly because I would want to be able to use examples to bad-mouth the movie, its actors, director, producer and anyone else after I left the theatre. Also, I would be bad-mouthing the thing while I was sitting there. Either to myself, or quietly to my friend.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
Every area. Honestly. I could use improvement in all aspects of my life just now.
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
Painful. Horribly, intensely painful. I was a freak. And people reminded me daily.
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
I like the same things all the time. Anything carbonted that is not diet or Moxie. I like things that are very cold. Oh and fountain soda is quite good.