Thanks for the article from a fabulous cook,Glenda Hanson.
Most cooks in the kitchen get tired lof the same recipes. If you cook everyday it is not hard to run out of ideas for cooking. Try cooking something new to please family, friends or guests. Agood southern cooked meal always hits a home run. I get most of my ideas by watching the cooking channel on the directv I got from http://www.expertsatellite.com. Satellite television has many great cooking stations to choose from. It is always best to be organized and plan ahead. Making a menu will be quite helpful. Southern Fried Fish is a meal the whole family will enjoy. It will serve well with steamed vegetables and a green salad and add an ice cold beverage to make the meal complete.
Southern Fried Fish
2 pounds of fresh filet catfish
1 cup of yellow corn meal
1 cup of flour, all-purpose
1. Season the fish with the salt, pepper, and the garlic powder. Set aside in a bowl for about 30 minutes to allow the seasonings to soak in.
2. In a heavy skillet, heat 3 cups of corn oil to 350 degrees F.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the corn meal and the flour until well combined.
4. Coat each piece of fish on all sides and shake off excess mix.
5. Place some pieces of fish into hot oil, do not over crowd, leave room for turning the fish over.
6. Turn each piece of fish over. You will know when the fish is ready to turn by the edges turning golden brown. If the heat is set to medium it will take about 5 minutes before the fish is ready top turn.
7. Turn the fish with a spatula, this prevents the fish from breaking.
8. Take each piece out of the hot oil and place on a platter that is covered with paper towels to allow the grease to drain from the fish.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!